Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter

I travel down the long dark all to familiar road once again. As I weave in and out of each lane trying to return home before the stroke of 11, I stop to think about the day which is about to come to a close, Easter. This day often characterized by young children running around searching for the easter eggs that have been hidden. They wear pastel colored dresses and slacks put on for an over crowded church service they attended earlier in the day. This is the Easter I once knew to exist, however as I sit at my grandma's table I notice some empty seats. No longer do I see my grandpa, my father, my best friend, a piece of me. I'm so tired, I'm tired of carrying all this guilt I'm tired of thinking I'm not good enough, I'm tired of thinking of failed relationships, I'm tired of beating myself up over the past, the what ifs of life. And thats just it, I don't have to carry this baggage, I don't have to because of this day called Easter. Someone loved me before I even knew who they were, they loved me for me, the me with all my imperfections, they loved me enough to sacrifice himself, to carry all my baggage for me, for you, for all of us, the baggage that we thought was to heavy to be carried. He took it, conquered and rose, so I could have this day called Easter. For this I take a deep breath let go and trust you with my life. 

No comments: