Friday, August 1, 2008

Listen Closely

I sit alone at the table and look out the window, the sun beats down on the pavement as the cars storm by not missing a beat to the song played over the coffee shop speakers... The way you laugh, the way you cry, the way that you smile without meaning to. The way you look me in the eye, I think about it all the time. The night we met the words we exchanged, you didn't know I was watching you, waiting for an excuse to approach you. Your eyes have always felt so familiar, those of an angels. I think about it all the time. It wasn't supposed to happen this way, I shouldn't be writing these words, you shouldn't be reading them over and over each day, but I just can't keep my mind off you no matter how hard I try. Your not a thought that comes and goes, your more then a dream or fantasy. Where will it lead? Love only knows. But I think about it all the time. This wasn't supposed to happen this way, Im just a man, a man that is desperately in love with you.

No comments: