Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Sin and Her Deceptive Ways

How does it happen? Why does it bring us down? Why does she grip us so tightly, suffocating my every breath, closing the walls in around me, deceiving me into acting on what I know is not right. Sin is like a thief in the night, she breaks into your life and robs you of your freedom without warning. She's like a parasite that borrows into your flesh, you often forget that she's there, but every now and then she comes to the surface to feed, to suck the life out of you. Years ago the sin entered, she deceived me making me think that she was something special, something that I needed. She provided me with this feeling of euphoria, that was always short lived. She knew when I am weak, she knows when I am frustrated, she whispers every so softly and touches me gently, she stole from me. I can not retrieve what has been lost. I am only left with a choice, each action made will either feed or fight this sin. The decision is easy, she must be destroyed.

No comments: